Thursday, June 11, 2015

I Must Confess...

Hey-ho readers! I thought for today's Wordsday Thursday, I'd make a quick list of things I feel the need to confess. Some are serious, some are stupid, and some are downright silly!


  • I will always love Children of Bodom. And the Spice Girls.



  • Once I tricked my dad into eating a Warhead. If you are unfamiliar with them, they are these AWFUL sour candies that look all innocent and sweet til you taste them. I really wish I had a camera....
  • When I had braces, I (like most kids) totally disregarded the "No gum or chewy candy" law. At my orthodontists office in Pueblo, there was a big shrubbery outside his front door that was FULL of discarded chewing gum. Once, while I was in his waiting room, his secretary freaked out at a kid who was foolish enough to come in chewing gum. She was pretty much screaming. At one point, I was watching a movie and eating Starbursts, and- lo and behold! One of my brackets came loose. When I went to the orthodontist to have it re-glued, I told them it came loose because I was "brushing my teeth too hard." Yeah. Don't think they believed me.



  • I quite seriously believe I am one of the worst housekeepers that ever lived.
  • I have a mental list of who I will donate money to when I become rich and famous.
  • My face looks like this now:


  

Because it used to look like this:
(Pictures are, unfortunately, very real! We were at the Renaissance Festival and taking pictures of our crowns)

 


I am SO thankful that a little medicine called Clozaril happened and I got away from Lithium. For many reasons!

  • I think the Backstreet Boys were SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than N'Sync. Sorry, not sorry.
  • I live with Schizoaffective Disorder and OCD and I am damn proud of it!
  • I have read the entire "50 Shades" trilogy and it was okay! It was definitely... interesting! Haha! And I found it hilarious that it started out as "Twilight" fan fiction.
  • Today I sat in the shade drinking Dr. Pepper while my sister, under a baking-hot sun, planted some barrels outside my home. Impatiens and Hen & Chicks and Dragon's Wings, oh my!
  • I'm probably more afraid of losing my dog than I have ever been afraid of anything.
  • I'm not a HUGE drinker, but I find alcohol fascinating. Mixing drinks makes me think of taking a Potions class at Hogwarts.

  • I also use cool empty alcohol bottles to water my plants.
  • I have recently been making incredible progress on what could quite possibly be my first book. I write some every day and it's really starting to come together.
  • Sometimes I criticize myself for not being what most would consider a "typical" person my age. But then I think: so far, my life as been anything but ordinary. Why the hell would I think the rest of my life would be anymore so? I think I will do great things in this world, and I probably won't achieve them if I'm too worried about being normal.

:)

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment