Thursday, July 6, 2017

60 MINUTES (plus!) TIL BEDTIME

It is BLOG NIGHT! And seeing that I have no interesting ideas to blog about, I will blog about what is on my mind.. getting ready for bed! A countdown of sorts.. my habitual behaviors! Fascinating stuff, I assure you.

60 minutes+:  Put Mose on his porch, because he cannot yet be trusted to be left unsupervised inside the house... I have lost too many valuable possesssions that way, not to mention the time he ate a huge pack of chocolate-chip cookies that gave me AWFUL stress for the following 36 hours. Shower, apply copious amounts of colored-hair-specific product, release Mose from his prison.
60 minutes: Take pills. I used to have a HUMONGOUS pill box that I filled weekly, but now I just count the pills out everyday. And I have lots of company! The spot behind my pill cubby and beside my microwave makes an ideal spot for Sheldon to spy. Check time.



57 minutes: After his oh-so-helpful hint, I make sure my cats' food dish is full of Friskies Indoor Delights. Between the three of them, I go through a lot of food. Check time.
56 minutes: If not all of my cats have shown up to eat, I automatically check the refrigerator. It's actually one of my worst OCD habits! I am what they call "a checker" and I have this irrational fear that one of my cats will somehow get stuck inside and freeze to death/suffocate, so multiple times a day I have to make sure. Even if I know it's impossible. Check! Check.
53 minutes: Speaking of checking, now's a great time to check the front door is locked! And the porch light is turned off.
50 minutes: "WHO WANTS A PILL AND A HOTDOG??" is what I call to Otis and Mose, and boy, do they know and like those words. Technically, only Otey gets a pill (arthritis) but they split a hot dog, and then I let them outside for a few. Check time.
46 minutes: Now I like to watch a little old, familiar TV, like episodes of "Frasier" and "Home Improvement". It's calming and puts me in a positive mood. Check time.
43 minutes: At this point,  I am typically bombarded with cat-attention, and if I'm not, I check the fridge.
42 minutes: No cats in fridge: success! Now I finish watching the episode of television, while drinking lots of water. Check time.
27 minutes: Oh, that Niles Crane! Turn off TV, head to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Check time.
25 minutes: Head outside, mouth full of toothpaste, call for my pups.
23 minutes: Rinse last bit of toothpaste out, put Mosey to bed with a full bowl of water and a Milkbone! "Who's my good boy?!" Time?
20 minutes: Give Miss Tiss her Milkbone and say, "Let's go to bed!" So she stiffly walks into our bedroom and gets her front paws up on the mattress. She holds the pose, then looks over her shoulder at me, waiting. I hoist her bottom end onto the bed, where she turns in a few dozen circles. After she finally plops down, I like to lie beside her and stroke her ears. I kiss her nose and tell her how beautiful she is, and she agrees. What time is it?
13 minutes: I go ahead and plug in my cellphone to it's charger, and set that alarm, and then two separate clock alarms for the same time.
11 minutes: Time to check! Refrigerator, front porch light, front porch lock, TV's off, as are all unnecessary lights. Mose is secure on the back porch. How are we doing on time?
9 minutes: Use bathroom once more, turning all lights off behind me. One more fridge check.
5 minutes: Double check that all alarms are set correctly, scoot Otis off my side of the bed.
4 minutes: Turn on my oxygen, put my cannula on properly. Listen to the soothing humming.
2 minutes: Either open a book or work on my own project, for just a few minutes...!
Negative 26 minutes: Ooops!

BED TIME!! Maybe next week I'll have something more substantial to write about... ;)

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment