Friday, July 24, 2015

TAMW

Happy Wordsday Thursday! Or, more accurately, Wordsday Friday, as I am a few minutes late! My sincerest apologies.

If you're unfamiliar with it, TAMW stands for "That Awkward Moment When", but feel free to change "awkward" to other A words! Annoying. Awesome. Asinine. Alarming. Atrocious! Whatever fits best.

The list below is of TAMW scenarios I have compiled... Purely theoretical, of course! I would never do such silly things* ;)

*TAMW you believe my lies...


That awkward moment when...

... Your dog is hogging all the covers and most of the bed and you're freezing and uncomfortable but unwilling to wake her

... You tell a joke no one likes and you're stuck chortling like an idiot while people watch you uncomfortably

... You're at work and get a brutal case of the hiccups and customers ask if you "had a few martinis for lunch"

... You catch yourself speaking cat language to your cats: "Meow? Myah-myah! Squeak! MYOW! Brrt?" And they just stare at your blankly.

...You hear a recording of your voice and you cringe and feel like apologizing to everyone around you for having to put up with hearing this voice all the time

... Your dad asks you how late you were up the night before and you don't want to lie! But you don't really want to be truthful, either

... You're in the car with mixed company and see a stray dog on the side of the road and roll down your window and yell, "GO HOME! You go home!" and realize (from your passengers expressions) that not everyone does that

... You're on a long car drive and you feel like listening to some epic music so you listen to the Game of Thrones opening theme on repeat



... You're at Walmart digging through the $5.00 movie bin and find all these AWESOME MOVIES... that you already own, and payed full price for. IF I COULD HAVE WAITED 10 YEARS, I COULD'VE GOTTEN THE WHOLE LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY FOR JUST OVER $15!! Probably less...

... You're very busy at work and suddenly you have trouble doing something ridiculously simple, like opening a plastic bag, and all the customers are staring at you like, "What's her problem..?"

.... You catch yourself hugging and kissing pets that aren't yours. What? They're cuddly and adorable! Get over it

... You pull in your driveway BLASTING stupid dorky music (like, ohhhhhh, off the top of my head, songs from Annie, "Ridin' Dirty" by Chamilionnaire, or the better version "White and Nerdy" by Weird Al) only to find  your neighbors seem to be having some sort of family reunion and they give you uneasy waves while whispering to each other. Congratulations! You're the weird neighbor...



I guess it would be fair to call me an awkward person! No surprise there...

I'm going to be doing some travelling, so I don't know when I'll write next. But when I do, I'm sure I'll have lots of good stories.

Happy Friday!

Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment